CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 15, 2008

My dad.... What a guy!

My dad is so wonderful. A lot of people don't know this side about him, but he loves to help out people in need. He has done countless things for the MDA and always will volunteer to help out at summer camps. This was one of those times where he helped out again.


This teen wasn't even supposed to be alive and he is now 18. He was born with Fetal Alcohol Syndrome. He has been collecting firefighter and police patches since he was 6. He now has over 15,000 patches and the LDS humanitarian aid is making a huge banner to display for him. My dad set up picking him up in the fire truck because Andy ( the teen) thinks that fire fighters and policemen are his heros. In all reality Andy is my dads.

Andy wants the banner to go across the United States to earn money for burn camps and children in need. Wow, what an amazing guy. My dad was so excited to go and meet Andy and I will always remember my dad helping those in need.

1 comments:

jenilynd said...

Hey you forgot to mention that you made the sign on the firetruck! I think it looks fabulous!