CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Things I take for granted

Today being Fathers Day I think I would like to share a lot of thing that I think are important to me but have never expressed it. I have looked at life and always thought that I should be able to have a little bit more money or go out and buy whatever I wanted... unfortunately that is not the way it works. So then I sometimes will pout and complain about not having the perfect life. Well I was wrong. I HAVE the perfect life that was meant for me. These are the things that I took for granted that I realized not everyone has.

  • My loving husband who has been there through thick and thin
  • My beautiful kids who make every day an adventure
  • A house that is OURS!
  • A running car that gets us where we need to go
  • An amazing mom,dad and siblings. People would die to have a family like ours even with our flaws
  • An incredible mother in law. I look up to her in so many ways
  • Running water. Even if it hot or cold
  • A phone. I don't know how we lived without these.
  • A whole closet full of clothes. I know people would be satisfied with half of what I have.
  • Shoes on my feet.
  • A running toilet... could you imagine not having one.... ewww.
  • Last but not least a Father in Heaven who watches out for all of us. I know I don't go to church, but I know that he still loves me and will watch over me and my family.

I think everyone should try to stop looking at what they don't have and start looking at what they do. You will find life a lot more fulfilling if you do.

3 comments:

Karlie said...

Thanks for that Mand. Well said. See you tomorrow.
Karlie

jenilynd said...

I agree. If I didn't have a running toilet Kyle might not live with us! Hehehehe I am just kidding. Oh, what day is it? That right I think it is someones birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! to a super sister!

Johny and Sarah said...

Mandi!!!!! i am so excited to have found you. this is Sarah from the dry cleaners. i was looking at some friends blogs and linked to someone else and there was your picture and then I saw the link to your blog. How have you been? You look like you are doing well! Visit my blog at www.goirishjohnandsarahmalmstromfamily.blogspot.com

Loves,
Sarbear